The food chronicles.

The beauty of this blog is that all the recipes are as simplified as possible, to ensure that you can make delicious food in the shortest time possible.

Monday 14 January 2013

A is for Avocado.



I hate eating healthy. Fact. Hence my challenge to incorporate one item of fruit/vegetable that I would never eat into a meal a day.
Today was avocado.
The recipe I used was from the BBC website, but it was amazing in the sense that I actually enjoyed the avocado-something that I have NEVER admitted to before.

Ingredients:   

  • 4 tbsp olive oil-Confession, I probably splashed in more. 
  • 1 small ciabatta , torn into small bite-pieces-I decided to use olive cibatta instead (easily bought fresh from M&S) 
  • 2 x 80g packs sliced chorizo-I personally chose quite a spicy one. 
  • 250g pack baby plum or cherry tomatoes , halved
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • pinch sugar
  • 1 large, ripe avocado , halved, stoned and sliced
  • 150g bag baby leaf and herb salad-I personally used more. 
  • I also chose to add in crushed garlic for the dressing. 
  • Also, crushed black pepper. 
  •                                                   METHOD. 
  • Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the ciabatta for 8-10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until starting to crisp and brown, then tip into a large salad bowl.
  • Lay the chorizo in the pan and dry-fry for 2 minutes until it gives out a red oil. Toss in the tomatoes and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until they start to soften. Drizzle over the vinegar, add the sugar and season and garlic well.
  • MIX TOGETHER Gently toss the avocado, salad and remaining olive oil with the croutons. Spoon over the chorizo and tomatoes and drizzle with any pan juices and sprinkle over the pepper. Serve immediately.
The beauty of this recipe is that its so simple to make for a lunch dish or even for a snack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment